Ms. Bouwmeister is a materials/metallurgical engineer intern with Rochon Engineering. She completed a Bachelor of Engineering & Management at McMaster University in Material Science and Engineering. At Rochon Engineering, Ms. Bouwmeister is involved in forensic engineering investigations including failure analysis, laboratory testing, product assessments and code compliance on various materials and products. She has experience using a variety of testing procedures such as optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, hardness testing, and microstructure analysis to aid in determining the mechanism of failure. She is currently assisting professional engineers while expanding her knowledge of forensic engineering and working toward obtaining her Professional Engineer designation.
- What do you do for R & R?: Hit the slopes in the winter and head to the cottage in the summer.
- Unique hobby or sport: Skiing, Snowboarding and Soccer.
- Best Feeling in the world: Standing at the top of a mountain, staring down at the powder.
- Favorite vacation spot: Munich, Germany.
- If Rochons gave you a month off to do any job in the world, what would it be? Snowboard instructor in Whistler.
- When I was a kid I wanted to be: An architect