Mr. Peytchev of Rochon Engineering specializes in structural, geotechnical and building science engineering. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and holds a designation as a Consulting Engineer. In addition, he is authorized by PEO to use the official marks BDS (Building Design Specialist) and carries the Ontario Ministry of Housing – BCIN certification (BCIN 28166).
Kamen provides forensic evaluations of structural failures and/or damages caused by fires, explosions, wind and/or snow loads, impacts, vibrations, ground movements, water infiltrations; and, provides building code consultations.
Before joining Rochon Engineering Corporation, Mr. Peytchev was employed with a consulting engineering firm that provided design, project management and quality control of structures for clients (Ontario and Alberta) from the petroleum, computer, waste management and other industries.
- Famous people I have run Into: The violonist Henryk Szeryng. During a meeting after a concert in 1979.
- Favourite quote: "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." - Aristotle
- If I could be any animal, what would it be? A Dog.
- Favorite vacation spot: "The Pinery", Ontario Provincial Park.
- Most unusual summer job: In 1990, I got a two-day job as a fashion show announcer in Rome, Italy for the Fashion House of Signora Lucia Sempianni Fall show. Perhaps, they were looking for an unusual Italian accent… and they got it. There were models on the cat-walk that came all the way from LA.